This year, Samaggi Academic Conference and Careers Fair (SACC) will be held under the name of ‘The 12th Samaggi Academic Conference and Careers Fair (SACC) 2020’ between the 15th and 16th February 2020 in London. This is the first event of its kind to involve students in all levels of study (undergraduates, postgraduates, and doctoral studies) and representatives from various companies to exchange and discuss their research, knowledge, and ideas, building a long-lasting academic network.
SACC2020 Academic Conference, Abstract and Startup Competition
on Saturday 15/02/2020
Our theme this year is Lifestyle and Entertainment, “Enhance daily experience through creative platform”, and we can’t wait to see the variety of unique ideas that you guys will come up with.
Application Deadline 3 January 2020.
The abstract competition of SACC 2020 will be held on Saturday 15th February 2020.
It is also a wonderful occasion for networking among Thai people abroad as well as an opportunity for participants to make direct contacts with their companies of interest.
In addition, a 1 on 1 mock interview with experts from many fields will be held on 15 February 2020. These services aim to increase the chance of a successful interview and more details about booking mock interview slots will be provided after 15 January 2020.
*Some slot will be prioritised for students that receive company interview.
Academic Conference, Abstract and Startup Competitions:
Saturday, 15th February 2020
Venue: Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, London SW7 4DN
- 08:00 – 08:45 Registration
- 08:45 – 09:20 Opening ceremony for Abstract and Startup Competition by H.E. Mr. Pisanu Suvanajata, the Thai Ambassador to the UK and Dr. Chutima Hanpachern, Deputy Secretary – General, Office of the Civil Service Commission‘Bridging the gap between research and real-world applications to drive Thailand forward’ (15-minute talk) An opening talk by Mr. Patiparn Sukorndhaman, President, PTT Global Chemical PCLA speech by Dr. Pao Sriprasertsuk, Vice President Innovation Department Manager, Bangkok Bank
- 09:20 – 09:40
- Abstract Competition: Special talks by represented judges in each competition room (4 rooms)
- Startup Competition: A special talk by Mr. Rawit Hanutsaha
- 09:40 – 11:20
- Abstract Competition: Oral Presentation by 5 finalists in each room (4 rooms)
- Startup Competition: Final pitch from the 6 final teams followed by a Q&A session
- 11:20 – 11:50
- Abstract Competition: 1-minute pitching by 20 selected candidates
- Startup Competition: Final pitch from the 6 final teams followed by a Q&A session (continued)
- 11:50 – 12:10
- Abstract Competition: E-poster presentation
- Startup Competition: Judges discussion + ads video from our main sponsors on stage
- 12:10 – 13:00 Lunch Break for Judges and Participants in the competitions
- 13:00 – 13:30 Opening ceremony for SACC2020 by Dr. Wisanu Krua-ngam, Deputy Prime Minister (VDO record), the President of Samaggi Samagom, H.E. Mr. Pisanu Suvanajata, Ambassador of Thailand to the UK and Dr. Chutima Hanpachern, Deputy Secretary – General, Office of the Civil Service Commission
- 13:30 – 13:55 ‘The Power of Diversity: What Can We Do to Unlock Our Potential’ (Diversity of Society). Keynote Speaker Talk by Dr. Somkiat Tungkitvanich, President of TDRI
- 13:55 – 14:20 ‘Technology for Everyone: How Scientific Approaches Promote Inclusivity’ (Diversity of Innovation). Guest Speaker Talk 1 by Assoc. Prof. Yodchanan Wongsawat, Ph.D. Director of Brain-Computer Interface Lab Mahidol University, Thailand.
- 14:20 – 14:30 Break
- 14:30 – 14:55 ‘Everyone is Diverse: Embrace the Uniqueness in Our Society’
(Diversity of Individuals). Guest Speaker Talk 2 by Mrs. Prisa Jakobsen, Content Creator, Influencer and the First Female Youtuber in Thailand
- 14:55 – 15:20 ‘Business Model in 2020s: A Key Guide to Being Outstanding in the Crowd of Businesses’ (Diversity of Business). Guest Speaker Talk 3 by Mr. Rawit Hanutsaha, CEO of Srichand United Dispensary Co.,Ltd
- 15:20 – 15:30 Break
- 15:30 – 16:30 Panel Discussion on the theme “Diversity Drives the Future”
- 16:30 – 17:00 An award ceremony for Abstract and Startup Competition and Closing Ceremony, along with a group photo. (Awards and souvenirs handing out by H.E. Mr.Pisanu Suvanajata, Mr.Patiparn Sukorndhaman (PTTGC), Bangkok Bank representative, and Ms. Kantima Lerlertyuttitham (AIS))
- 17:00 – 18:00 Networking session, sponsored by PTTGC, Monsoon Valley Wine, and Chang
Sunday, 16th February 2020
Venue: Imperial College London, Kensington, London SW7 2AZ
- 08:00 – 09:00 Registration
- 09:00 – 09:30 Opening Ceremony for SACC2020 – Careers Fair by the President of Samaggi Samagom 119 and VP Academic
- 09:30 – 13:00
- Morning interview session
- Careers Fair: Companies’ booth open for public
- Careers Fair Talk by Company Executives:
11:00 – 11:30 A talk by Ms. Kantima Lerlertyuttitham (CHRO of AIS) on the topic “Required Skills Set for Employees: How to Survive in a Disruptive World”
11:30 – 12:00 Speaker 2: “Road to Success for New Generations: How to Bring the Best Out of You in a Generationally Diverse Workplace” (Central Group)
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch break
- 14:00 – 17:30
- Afternoon interview session
- Careers Fair: Companies’ booth open for public
- Company Presentation (from 14:00):
Representatives from companies will give a speech on their experience in the companies or any topic they want to share (10-20 min)
- 17:30 – 18:00 Closing ceremony