This year’s Samaggi Samagom Startup Competition aims to be the platform for Thai students in the UK to express their innovative ideas and consult with Startup experts to develop it further. Not only is this a chance to portray your ideas to others but also a chance for you to work and network with real experts in this fields. Our theme this year is Lifestyle and Entertainment, “Enhance daily experience through creative platform”, and we can’t wait to see the variety of unique ideas that you guys will come up with. So form yourselves into groups of 2-4, brainstorm and pitch an idea and don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity.
Application Deadline 3 January 2020.
Table of Contents
- Groups of 2-4 students of any level of education
- At least one member of your group is of Thai nationality
- Available on 15 February 2020
- Working on an interesting idea that is not in the marketplace
- A product idea that has won any competition cannot be reused in this competition
- If you are not sure, read more enquiries in FAQs
Step-by-Step Application Process
- Group a team
- Innovate new product
- Brief your product in 200 words
- Record a 3-minute pitching video in English and upload to YouTube
- Fill up the application form by 3 January 2020
Judging Criteria -Online Round-
- Business Description: Details of the venture and what it does. (Clearly explained)
- Market Analysis: Characteristics of the market and description of its customers.
- Is there a genuine need for the product or service?
- How well was the target market defined?
- What is the size and growth of the market?
- What is the consumers’ willingness to pay for the product/service?
- Product or Service Analysis: The specifics of the product or service.
- Is the description clear?
- Is the product feasible?
- How easily it can be duplicated?
- Is there a presence of potential substitutes for the product?
- Competition: Identify current and potential competitors.
- Have the current and potential competitors, competitive response, and analysis of strengths and weaknesses been adequately defined?
- Marketing Strategy: How sales will be achieved.
- How realistically defined is the marketing plan?
- Does the plan adequately address price, product, place, and promotion?
- Are resources sufficiently allocated for marketing?
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I am in a Placement Year or Research Student, will I be eligible?
Definitely. We are open to interesting ideas from students of all education levels, from A-level foundation to PhD.
- If I do not have a team, will I be able to find a team in the event?
No. You must be in a team of 2-4 students since applying.
- Can I change a team member after application?
You cannot change a team member.
- If I have an idea but won’t be able to attend the event. Can I apply?
You must be available on the day of the event (15/02/20) unless you can provide a valid reason.
- If I won a startup competition in the past, am I eligible in this event?
Past winners are able to participate in this competition, however, they are not able to use the product idea that has already won any previous competition before.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org