presented by Tesco Lotus
Careers Fair Rationale
The Samaggi Careers Fair aims to provide an online platform to connect Thai operating companies with Thai students and graduates who have studied in the United Kingdom; it enables participants to interact virtually with those companies. These virtual events include online presentation given by certain companies – the content of which may be decided by the respective organisation – followed by periods of Q&A. Alongside these events, companies are able to arrange virtual interviews, forming a deeper understanding with participants, providing new insights and opportunities.
The event will include:
Virtual career booths where attendees can explore, talk and present interest to representatives of given companies.
Online presentations given by companies from varying sectors, insight into employee work-life and any other topic of interest, followed by an open session for questions.
Online job and internship application platform (CV submissions can be handed in on the day of the event and up to two weeks later)
- Careers Service: The free consulting service and workshops about job applications, CV checking, careers Q&A by the volunteers.
- Hexafair can be accessed via website and mobile application
- Inside the booth, the overview of the company will be displayed along with business cards showing contact information e.g. phone no., address, email and social media links such as Facebook.
- There will be a chat feature provided inside the booth where attendees can ask and receive a response from the particular exhibitor instantly.
- There is also a “Connect” feature where attendees can easily exchange contact and be able to chat with exhibitors as well as other attendees (very similar to LinkedIn). The system will also come up with some recommendations based on the interest set by the attendees.
- “My box” feature which records the activities of attendees for example, documents and videos the attendees viewed at a particular booth.
- By choosing this platform, participants will feel like they are still walking through the careers fair, only that this is a virtual platform. Participants will be able to use cursors to guide themselves around the fair.
- Careers Service Ep.1: special presentation “How to get the job 101”
- Engaging presentation providing fundamental understanding on job application in general.
- Careers Service skills workshops
- Series of activities leading to the event providing specific skills to improve employability, done as a small group workshop
- Workshop for online assessment
- Video interview workshop Etc.
- Careers Fair, Academic Conference, Career Service
- Student interview application opened
- Careers Fair is launched via Hexafair
- Attendees of the careers fair will have the opportunity to apply for jobs / internships via an online platform or website provided by Samaggi Samagom
- Samaggi will be responsible for the database of all the registration / applications
- Student interview application closed
- Deadline for applying for jobs / internships
(Deadline will be based on GMT+7 (e.g. 00:00 (TH) = 18:00 (UK))
- Student Applications and CVs forwarded to companies for review
- Database of applications to be sent confidentially to different companies participating in the Careers Fair.
- Companies select candidates and conduct their interviews
- Companies are responsible for contacting candidates selected for interview directly
- The latter stages of the recruitment process is processed by the companies themselves can be done on separate platforms (e.g. may interview via Zoom / Line Call / Microsoft Teams