Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Samaggi Samagom via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below ( Cookies );|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Samaggi Samagom, we or us||Samaggi Samagom, a student union incorporated in England and Wales whose registered office is at Office of Educational Affairs, 28 Prince’s Gate, London, SW7 1PT;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Samaggi Samagom and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Samaggi Samagom and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, https://www.samaggisamagom.com/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Samaggi Samagom is the “data controller”. This means that Samaggi Samagom determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Password (safeguarded in storage and translated into scrambled representation of itself);
- Email address;
- Billing address (if it is saved into your account);
- Contact information (of you, and/or your team’s members’, and/or your Thai society’s members’);
- Education information (of you, and/or your team’s members’);
- Information about employment status and/or history;
- Bank account information (For reimbursement);
- Shopping cart information;
- Information about competition application (e.g. team name, application name, application info);
- Location, IP address, and browser type (automatically collected when purchases are made);
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
Samaggi Samagom will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you purchase products on this Website;
- when you sign-up for our activities through this Website;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- We will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies“.
- When you open our transactional emails, the read status will automatically be collected and recorded into our server.
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- processing purchases;
- organising our activities;
- responding to your enquiry;
- processing your reimbursement request;
- analysing your usage across our website and other platforms;
- internal record keeping;
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our staffs and/or professional advisors: to process purchases, organise our events or answer enquiries;
- O2 Forum Kentish Town: full name of Samaggi Fest ticket buyers will be provided to allow for ticket reissuing at the venue in the case of e-ticket problems;
- SACC selected companies, judges and reviewers: in their respective purposes of recruitment or assessment of your application. This will only happen if you consent to do so in the relevent SACC’s signup/application form;
- third party service providers:
- Mailgun: for sending transactional emails and receiving email correspondence from you
- Gmail: for storing your email correspondence
- A2Hosting: for storing your email correspondence and your Data and information on website usage and information provided in the website
- Google and Facebook: for analysing how you use our service and our other presences on online platforms.
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Samaggi Fest’s emailing system’s log clearing: within 30 days after the event
- Copy of outbound transactional email: 5 days
- Anonymised record of outbound transaction email: 30 days
- Record of inbound email correspondence: 3 days, before being forwarded to related Samaggi team’s email
- Record of inbound email forwarded to related Samaggi team’s email: 30 days after the related events
- Anonymising purchases information: within 30 days after the event
- Inactive user account clearing: within 180 days
- Anonymising SACC application data: within 30 days after the conclusion of SACC in the relevant year
- Personal data and reimbursement data relevant to Samaggi Games: 30 days after the event
- Record of your enquiry made on the contact form: within 1 years
- Record of your reimbursement request: within 14 days after the reimbursement has been made
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Samaggi Samagom to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- moove_gdpr_popup : for recording your Cookies consent
- woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, wp_woocommerce_session_* : for the shopping cart functionality
- wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec_ : for identifying the account that your session is logged in, and saving your login information for 2 weeks should you choose ‘remember me’
- wordpress_test_cookie : for testing that your browser allow cookies
- SGPBShowingLimitationDomain* : for keeping track of the showing status of popups in this Website
- Google Analytics cookies: (optional) for collecting statistics about how you use this Website
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.